Sunday, July 10, 2011

A really good idea

So, I've been thinking alot about the future of my business. I so very desperately want to own my own business, to be my own boss, to feed people delicious treats on my own terms. I also don't want to get a business loan to do it. So, it can't be a restaurant-not yet. So here is my solution, and I think its a good one.

A vending truck!

Here's how it would work. I would rent a kitchen, part time, and sell goodies out of the truck, probably downtown Tulsa, and Brookside, the big bar areas. I would also hit the area around the BOK center. I would start by selling cupcakes (everyone loves cupcakes!) and coffee drinks, as well as soda, bottled water, energy drinks. As the business progresses, I would add other goodies to the menu. I think it would be successful.

As for the start up: about $20K for the truck. another $10K for taxes, licenses, equipment and ingredients. So, I'm looking at $30,000. Not alot in terms of a business start up, but a lot of money nontheless. I'm going to need help.
I'm thinking of different ways to raise money, and I think the first will be this.
Anyone who donates $30 will get a dozen cookies. You can choose between chocolate chip, gingersnap, or gluten-free and paleo friendly coconut macaroons.
In order for this to work, of course, I'm going to need a minumum number of donations,I'm thinking at least 10. I certainly won't make the whole thing doing this, but it will go into the savings account I'm opening tomorrow. And any money I make selling anything via tanya's treats will go towards this start up. I hope all those that love my baked goods will help me out.

So, if you want to help a girl out, and get a dozen cookies in the process, let me know!
I'm so ready to get this going!

No comments: